Hello Everyone!!
This week has been great!
The highlight of the week was exchanges with Sister Nye, she is one of our STLs (Sister Training Leaders) and it was so fun to spend some time with her and to learn from her. She is a Spanish missionary so the lessons we had where is Spanish (which I do NOT speak). Miraculously I was able to understand most of and follow along with the lessons. It was so humbling to know what they were talking about and not be able to communicate. This experience testified to me of the power of the Holy Spirit. Even though I couldn't speak I could still feel the peace and joy that the Spirit brings when we are teaching truth. I was so grateful for Sister Nye who translated for me so I could share my testimony of The Book of Mormon with one of the families we visited. I know the Lord loves all of his people and that the gospel can bless all of our lives if we will come unto Christ.
Other exciting new is that the couple (Chris and Angela) we started the Stop Smoking program with were able to quite! I loved hearing them say that it took a lot of prayer because I know that this experience has brought them closer to God. I love seeing people change their lives and come closer to Christ because it truly is "the way; and there is none other way" (2 Nephi 31:21).
We truly can " do all things through Christ which strengtheneth" (Philippians 4:13)!
Overall things have slowed down a bit but we are still working hard and trying to do our best to share the joy of the gospel with others.
Yesterday we had a neat experience. We had just visited a family and were driving away when Sister Carpenter saw a little old lady walking down the road. We were able to turn around and go over to talk to her. She lives by herself and is 91 years old. She is determined to reach 100 years old! It felt so good to be able to listen to her stories and help her see how the gospel could bless her life. I can't wait to go back and visit her again! I am so grateful that I have such a great companion who noticed when someone else was in need.
Love you all!



